Friday, 15 April 2016

Tips on Writing Stories for Children




             What I found particularly helpful was to not use flashbacks because it can be confusing to younger kids. Another thing that I found helpful was to just use one main conflict in the story, because if you do more the story may become to complicated from kids. Some information that was similar in some of my other blog posts was when I analyzed some children's stories most of them were based off some of the information I read. In the article I read there is a bit of information on dialogue, some info that i learned was that in novels the dialogue is used to express the relationships between characters, also it is used to move the story along, and to create drama and tension in the story.  What I think that should be part of the grading rubric is, is the story appealing to a younger audience. Also another thing that I think should be a part of the rubric is, does the story have dialogue and does it help the story move along and create relationships between characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment